For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, October 17, 2016

#12

Happy Birthday, Selim!

You are my Turkish warrior boy, soccer player, cuddle partner extraordinaire, errand running companion, part water boy - part fish, loving, cute, helpful, energetic, kind, light of my life, child of mine.  I am forever thankful that you have come into my life and enriched it in ways I never imagined.

We extended the birthday celebrations this year.  Dede John and Grammy Valerie came on Saturday afternoon.  Sunday after your soccer game we started the festivities and had pizza and ice cream cones.





Today, Nan came over and we wolfed down tacos before soccer practice. But, oh, that guacamole was good.  And then after you had run that off on the soccer pitch,  we savored pumpkin pie and whipped cream.  It was a good day.





I look forward to another year of fun, adventure, quiet times, conversation, silly games, homework and school projects, soccer games and practice, and watching you grow up!  Thank you for being you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment