For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Beach picnic

What a marvelous day.  When I heard that it would be 80 today, I decided not to go in and work any OT.  Low humidity and warm days are few and far between.  Instead, I went for a 2 mile run, washed laundry and got it on the line to dry, grocery shopped, and made food for an evening picnic at the beach.

I noticed after my run that my Mother's Day flowering quince burst open this weekend, right on cue.  I love taking pictures of the blossoms.  They are the most pretty salmon color.






After Selim got home from school, we packed his wet suit, towels, picnic fare, and this boogie board and set out for the beach.  There is only two more weeks before they start charging for parking, so we decided to take advantage of the free day and go.

I shouldn't be too surprised that my guy jumped right in the water.  If the lake was cold yesterday, this must have been much colder.  I went in up to my ankles, borrowing an expression from my sister.  My excuse for staying dry, I was taking pictures.  Nedim was braver, didn't have my excuse, and went in to his knees.








Before we packed up to leave, I insisted that we take some pictures.  For some reason, we had trouble getting just the right angle and shot.  We ended up in a heap in the sand, laughing.









It felt like a perfect cap to my extended Mother's Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment