For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday!

Woo-hoo!  Made it to Friday.  Today was an easier day.  We didn't have any lectures, only exam prep and role playing.  I had lots of time in between to review the material and re-read our self-directed study guide.  At the end of the day I was thinking of standing in the back of the auditorium for the Flag Day ceremony (where the new class of Foreign Service Officers find out where they will be posted).  But when I saw wave after wave of people walking towards the building all dressed in fancy dresses or suits, I decided that my cropped pants and open toed sandals would not be appropriate attire.  I'm sure I will hear about it Monday morning on the shuttle.  Several of the regulars were going to be finding out their fate this afternoon.

Tonight is all about guide book review.  I need to plan my sight seeing.  I also want to do a dry run on finding Main State.  I have an appointment Tuesday morning with one of my program coordinators and I want to be there on time.  I know I get off at the Foggy Bottom metro stop, but from there, I'm not sure which way to go.  Also, since I have never been to the Vietnam Memorial, that is high on my list.  The weather is supposed to be a bit less humid, so I'm thinking I will get some walking in.

I can't wait to see my guys next week. Yesterday on the metro there was a family who had been to the baseball game.  Both boys were sound asleep and reminded me so much of Selim.  They were sprawled against their parents and clearly the sun and fun combined with the movement of the train made for sleepy boys.  Today there was a kid in a stroller, sound asleep, who had both his hands above his head, just like Selim.  I miss him so much.  This is hard.  I am not worried because I know he has so much love and support.  I just can't wait for my hug and kiss!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you survived the week! I've got a writing workshop in Santa Barbara tomorrow, so 6:30am road trip... happy sightseeing, and virtual kisses to your boy.
    H

    ReplyDelete