For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

First "swim" of the year

This afternoon I picked up Selim at the lake house.  It was a gorgeous afternoon.  While Amy and I sat on the deck catching up, Jero took the boys out in the boat.  When they came back, each boy had wet hair and Selim had his shirt off.  They ran back to the house and put on wet suits.  And in the water they jumped.  The water can't get much over 50 degrees.  They didn't last too long.




Easing in

Moving sand around


Going in reverse order of my day here, this morning, I ate my oatmeal and watched the birds at the feeder.  I saw three types of woodpeckers, yellow and purple goldfinch, red breasted grosbeak, Baltimore oriole, and some type of sparrow.  Of course, I had trouble getting good pictures.  The woodpeckers were especially easy to scare off.





I tried going outside to take pictures of the feeder from the other direction, but didn't have much success.




Instead of taking bird pictures, I turned to the garden.







And speaking of the garden, we enjoyed a lunch of  just picked asparagus on toast and a huge salad.



Back to bird for a moment.  When I got out of work yesterday, there were these guys walking around.  Because I was headed straight to the Ashram, I happened to have my camera with the zoom in my car.



All in all, it was a great Mother's Day.  I got to spend part of the day with my mom, and then with Selim, the reason that I can fully enjoy the day in the first place.



No comments:

Post a Comment