For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 1

I haven't written daily since Selim was born and I kept record of his progress in the NICU through daily emails to family.  I don't anticipate writing every day, but hopefully more than once a month.

Spring has arrived on the calendar, but you wouldn't know it by the weather.  The crocus bulbs have come up, but their white flowers are squeezed tight, waiting for some warm weather before they open.  It is supposed to be sunny this weekend, but temps in the 30s.  It is almost April.  I'm starting to get garden fever. I want to be out there pulling up old tomato plants from last year that I neglected in the fall.  I'm like the flowers, when the weather man talks about wind chill, I just want to curl up in a ball.  I do not want to be out raking while wearing a down jacket.

Nedim is working on the boat.  He is trying to fix the second gas tank.  He might be welding one.  My eyes tend to glaze over when he starts with the list of all that needs to be done before the Turkish Delight goes back into the water.  At least working on it has put some air into his steps.  Being on the ocean soothes his soul and makes for a happier man.

There are 5 robin out in the back.  I should take their example and go outside and do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment