For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

Selim and I did a little happy dance when we pulled into the driveway, six hours after leaving Heather and Stan's.  The only thing that made it a non-teary event was the fact that she will be coming up for Sant Bani's Homecoming weekend later on this month.  Before we left, I made sure that we took a few pictures.





After a little tickle, my nephew turned around.



This morning was cool and cloudy so we decided against going to the pool.  The boys got their fix of water by playing water balloon toss.  Heather drew great targets in the driveway.







After the area got hosed down to get rid of the black walnut shells, Heather and Selim played hockey.  As Heather said, what he lacks in accuracy, he makes up in power.  It was a close game with Selim taking the match at 15-12.






Selim enjoyed his goals.





So did Heather.



In the ends, being good competitors, they shook hands.



Around 12:30 we packed up and left.  I was nervous about the traffic going home.  We took a slightly different route and took 95 to New Haven so that we could stop at IKEA.  I have to say, that was the best pit stop ever.

We made it out of there after an hour and a half with my wallet and sanity intact.  Traffic was flowing and we made it home in good time.  When we got off the last highway Selim and I shouted our boo-yahs and woo-hoos as we drove up Dover Point Road.  At 6:15 we pulled into our driveway.  I peeled off the imaginary racing stripes and sponsor logos, and tossed the pretend helmet aside.  Safely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment