For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Snow!

Last night, as Selim drifted off to sleep, he murmured, "Tomorrow, I will see joy."  As in snow.  And he was right.  Snow fell all day long.  He had three long outside sessions.  I found the shovelling hard because the snow stuck to the shovel and it took a lot of energy to get it off.  But he had a great time.







The person in our house not seeing his joy while snow blowing, Nedim. 




Yesterday, we got out and about, knowing that the storm was coming.  We went to Portsmouth so that Selim could get a haircut at the place I like.   And then we did the usual round of stores -- stickers, pesto flat bakery, toy, and chocolate.  We got home just as the light snow turned more serious.  I took out the camera and imagined that I was taking pictures of exotic fences and statuary.  Our garden bunnies are pretty cute.






The past two days could be titled the joy of motherhood.  Selim and I have had great days.  We haven't had too many head butting moments.  We have mixed in chores with play.  And I've taken a few moments to sew.  I finished the quilt squares this afternoon.  I have to decide if I am going to sew them together, or put in little lattice strips in between.  I need a big space to arrange the squares and once I get them all organized, I think I will be able to figure out what to do next.



And, in other fun news, Selim has decided that he likes to take a shower, provided he can put on his robe afterwards.  And do karate in it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment