For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Children's Museum

This afternoon Selim and I took Heather and Joshua to the Children's Museum.  It is where Joshua wanted to go for his birthday.  We hadn't been in a while, so we were happy to oblige.

Selim has two favorite sections: the submarine and the mail delivery system.  First up, the sub.  The periscope, big wheel, and sounds of the sea sections are his favorite.  Joshua liked them as well.





I think the big magnetic section is new.  There are pipe and joint pieces with golf balls.  The kids get to design a system for ball travel.  It does not provide the best angle for photo documentation.





I really like the sections that have painted scenery on the walls.  The dog by the mill building, beaver dam, and other Portsmouth iconic locations are my favorites.





Selim had fun in the green screen area where you get to pretend you are in different natural habitats.  The ocean one was the most fun when Heather had the shark puppet on her hand and went for Selim's flippers.





Upstairs there is a section for kids three years and under.  Since nobody else was up there, we went in for a bit.  I loved the possums hanging from a tree.  Who knew they were so cute?  I think I took 15 pictures of them but I won't post them all.





Heather went around and picked up the animals on the floor and put them in the fun places.  I wonder where they got all their animals.  The baby beavers were so cute.






The Pattern Palace is really cool.  There is a throne, a fire place where you can install the tile, and a window that can be decorated in fake stained glass.






Before we left, we went back to the mail area where Selim put on the jacket and the mail pouch and delivered mail all around the building.






The kids had a great time and that was the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment