For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Friday, April 27, 2012

My first 5K

Not thousands, but a distance run (if you can count 3.1 miles as a distance run).  But I had never gone over 3 miles and today I did.  According to the on-line map routing thing I used, I ran 3.17 miles.  And at some points during the run, I felt like I was really getting a stride going and not just plodding along.  I went in a big loop around the cemetery instead of my usual neighborhood laps.  I liked covering new ground and the long down hill towards the end.

I've had a stellar day; a much needed recharging of my introvert battery.  Nedim and I went out for breakfast and then parted ways.  He went to do boat chores and I came home and sewed.  I made significant progress on my place mats.  I went for a run.  I planted the kale, spinach and parsley that I bought yesterday.  I went to the fabric store for more thread and batting.  And then I got take out for dinner.   I was able to be quiet and enjoy the solitude.  As I had my hands in the dirt, with each plant I placed in the raised bed, I was thanking Mom and Robert for having Selim these few days -- for their willingness to spend their vacation giving me one.

No comments:

Post a Comment