For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

45

Heather and Joshua are leaving today.  We have had so much fun these past five days.  We packed in so many activities from gardening, to swimming, baking, fabric shopping, and relating, relating, relating.

In the garden, I weeded the third raised bed and then the boys helped me plant carrots.  In the herb garden, I took out two patches of chives to make way for orange mint that Mom picked up.  Robert and I weeded by the pea fence and the boys helped him plant peas.  We are going for a fall crop of those.  We took out the bolted spinach and planted lettuce.  And we planted the rhubarb in a place that I hope will be safe from the rototiller. 

...

And that is as far as I got this morning.  I'll have to finish up my thoughts and post pictures another day.  For now, I have to get to work, but I did want to put this up on my birthday.  I think 45 is going to be a good year.  My health has is great, exercise routine pretty solid, new job and great adventures coming up.  I feel as optimistic on this birthday as I did on my 30th, the benchmark of good birthdays.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment