For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Field Trip

Because of my new schedule, I was able to chaperon on Selim's field trip without taking any time off from work.  The whole first grade went to New Castle -- for tide pools, playground fun, and other games.  I got paired up with another parent and we were responsible for three boys.  The arrangement worked well.  They explored the tide pools and then played right at the shore line, digging bigger pools and making a canal system.  They entertained themselves for over 1 1/2 hours.







Around 11:30 we ate lunch.  I had brought a big container of watermelon and raspberries to share and the boys polished off the fruit in no time.  Then it was on to tag, Frisbee and climbing a big rock and tree.







Before the buses pulled away, Selim's class took a group photo.   At 1:00 they had boarded the bus and were on their way back to school.  Since the line to exit the park was so long, I decided to nap in my car and wait.  I rolled down the windows, turned on the radio and slept for an hour and ten minutes.  When I woke up, the 17 buses and accompanying chaperon cars were gone and I was able to leave without waiting in line.  And then I went to work.




Every day I have a better sense of the job.  There is so much to do that the night goes by really quickly.  This week I'm helping out a team since their regular supervisor is on vacation.  That gives me specific tasks that I can do and feel useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment