For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day!  It has been a jam-packed weekend.  We have fit in delicious meals, hours of visiting, outside play, a 5k road race, park and shop to get parts for the kitty extraction, and picture taking.  Between the usage from Heather's camera and mine, this weekend was well documented.  But for now, I'm sitting on the couch -- with laundry in the washer, dryer and on the line; kitties quiet in the back room and my boys are locking up the boat.

Heather, Stan, and Joshua left around 12:30 and headed down to NY.  Stan starts the new job tomorrow.  Heather and Josh will work on finding a place to stay.  In the mean time, they have left the cats here with us.  It is a little daunting, considering the predicament yesterday.  In the morning, X and Z found their way under the kitchen sink and through a hole in the wall to a hidey spot along side the tub in the main bathroom.  A door buzzer tied to the end of a long stick, through the small opening in the wall did the trick to get out X.  The shop-vac hose blowing air around the tub got out Z in the evening.  Hours of excitement, let me tell you.  Now we just need to get them to feel safe in the back before they come out to the main part of the house.

We took great pictures these past few days.  We had many different groupings:  the ladies




the men






grandparents



Mom's and their kids



Tomlinsons



Sisters



cousins



And then there were the action shots, biking



tree climbing




water play





and my race.  I ran a 5k this morning.  The fear of being the last person held me back from signing up for a race.  When I looked at the results last year, I realized that I would be in the middle.  There were over 700 runners/walkers today.  I'm not sure where I finished, but it wasn't last and I did it in under 40 minutes.  On my regular 3 mile route, I'm running 11 and 12 minute miles.  But I knew that I would be slower running a route that I had never seen before.  I'm happy that I signed up, ran and finished.  I might try some more over the summer.





It was so sweet to be with Mom and Heather yesterday.  We pretended that Saturday was Mother's Day instead of today.   There isn't anything better than being with family.  I'm so happy that she will be on the east coast now, only a 4-5 hour drive away.  That is so close in comparison.  Here is to more visits,  easy play between the cousins, and the cats not feeling the need to hide in the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment