For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, August 6, 2012

7.7 Memorial

Today I started a new schedule, working second shift.  I had the morning free.  I wish I could have slept in, but no, I woke up before 6:00.  To keep up with my walking program, I left the hotel before 9:00 and was at the Embassy to start work at 11:00.  It was fun to linger in front of the shop windows on Regent Street without the security guards eyeing me.  Most of the shops don't open until 10:00.

On my way home, this sign was prominently featured in Piccadilly Circus.  I'm not sure if is meant to be reassuring...or not.



In a complete non-sequitur...the shooting at the Sikh temple in Wisconsin made me think more about the 7-7 Memorial that I went to the other day -- marking the morning of the synchronized bombs in the London transportation system.   I had read that it was in Hyde Park, but I wasn't sure where.  I stumbled upon it unexpectedly on my way out of the park after the triathlon.  It is small, but starkly moving in its simplicity.











No comments:

Post a Comment