For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shoes

Before I left London, I had wanted to post pictures of shoes.  I love shoes.  I don't like to wear them, but I like to look at, admire, and own them. 

I've sorted the pictures into two categories, colors of the Union Jack or Team GB and other. For the first, there were several display windows of shoes sporting the colors of the UK Flag, from ballet flats,



to sandals,




to these odd water/land five-toes shoes.  My cousin Dillon said that type were comfortable, but I have never been interested in trying them on.  So I will have to take his word for it.



And the men's loafers that I passed every day on my way to the Embassy.  I picture a guy in skinny jeans, wearing a white shirt that costs more than my mortgage, reflective sunglasses and a huge black watch having these on his feet.



For the "other" category, there were the deck shoes that cost 100 pounds that I thought were cute, but not that cute.  Really, how often would I wear multi-colored boat shoes?



So many of the men's shoes have pointy or elongated toes.  Sometimes the shoe tips curl up and remind me of elves.  These aren't as pointy as some, but they were easy to photograph.




I loved the Nike display in the Liberty window as it combined shoes with another balloons.  I like the hot air kind, not the party ones that pop.




My tried and true ballet flats that I could wear on day 10.



And the shoes that were abandoned, so artfully, by the trash can.  Made me wonder what happened next?

No comments:

Post a Comment