For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday!

So glad the weekend is here.  Today we we were short staffed this morning and there were only two of us officers on the interview line.  That was not enough to handle all the cases.  Luckily our reinforcements came in close to lunch time and we were able to lessen the wait time.

I wasn't sure the after work plan this evening.  I took the bus to Piccadilly and then walked to the 1/2 price ticket building in Leicester Square.  They didn't have any more tickets for Top Hat tonight.  Tickets for Lion King were available, but I didn't feel like hanging around the area until the show started.  And I didn't want to go back to the room and then head out later to get to the theatre.  I might go back tomorrow at 9:00am when they open to see if I have more choices.  Seeing the signs in lights the other night made me rethink the idea of going to see one.




I went to Marks & Spencer to look at their scarves.  On the first rack I found one I really liked, but it wasn't made very well.  All of them in that same style had lots of loose threads and after one wash, there might not be much scarf left.  On the second rack, there was an off-white scarf with little butterflies that I did purchase.  I also bought a pair of sunglasses because I lost my prescription ones this week.  There goes a few hundred dollars down the drain.  I'm sick about it.  I can't understand how I lost them.  I was sitting in the park eating lunch.  I got up and walked into the Embassy.  When I got ready to leave for the day, I couldn't find them.  Complete mystery.

The Brits are winning a lot of gold medals.  My stamp collection is going to increase exponentially.  I'm happy for team GB.

No comments:

Post a Comment