For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Quick, quick

Tonight I have to write quick quick, not slow, slow.  The one BBC channel that my hotel has is not showing the USA vs. Japan gold medal womens soccer match.  I think I might be able to stream it live, if the buffering doesn't drive me crazy.

This morning I meandered through the St James Square area.  I passed by there the other day in the bus I didn't remember much exploration there last year.  The big Crimea Monument is there.  I needed my zoom lens which I had left back in the hotel room.  So I couldn't get up close and personal with the Florence Nightingale statue.  But I did find other statuary to photograph.





On the south side of the Square is Pall Mall, yet another favorite romance location.  I got a little carried away with the camera.  I was using my sepia filter and liking the results.  I also love the stacking of the different horizontal styles on top of each other, like architecture strata.  Some are rows of columns; another might be iron work balconies, triangle window casings, or round windows. 






If you need yacht service, I have a number for you.



I walked up to work via Old Bond and New Bond Street.  Some of the window displays are pretty interesting.  I've never understood totally high fashion.  I get whimsy, but not totally off the wall.  If I saw someone walking down the street wearing this, I wouldn't know what to think.





I did find the FDR and Churchill bench that I had read about.  I don't know what was happening with my scarf...I must have been in the process of taking it off since it was getting warm, but didn't actually get it off my bod.




OK, off to find the soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment