For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Closing Ceremony

Last night I watched a bit of the closing ceremony in between packing and napping.  I missed the Spice Girls and that isn't all bad.  I took a few pictures of the TV screen because the stage looked so pretty.





This has been a great time to be in London.  People were friendly.  The atmosphere was so festive.  The anxiety over security turned out to be unfounded.  I'm still glad that we made the decision not to come as a whole family since my scheduled was fluid and it would have been hard to have much time together.

In wrapping up my time here, I have a few photos of people clad in their Team GB spirit.







Even the stuffed animals got into the act.



When I get home, I'll have to gather all my shoe pictures and put them up here as well as a separate post on the Lloyd's building and one on reflections in glass.  But for now, my bags are mostly packed and I'm ready to go tomorrow.


Even Mama Moose has had enough excitement and is ready to go home.





No comments:

Post a Comment