For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Anniversary

I was married in the wedding of my dreams, eight years ago today.  It was a gorgeous fall Sunday afternoon in Sanbornton, NH.  I wore the most beautiful dress.  My husband looking stunning in his suit.  My family had come from all over the country to share the day.  There were three things that were important to me: the dress, our vows, and my family.  And those three things were perfect.  The cake I made did not look professional, but it tasted good.  The School library was a cozy space for our reception.  My hubby brought in a belly dancer to add a bit of spice to the event.  Unfortunately, we lost our wedding photo album in one of the many moves we made in the four years after that day.  We don't have any pictures, just memories.

October 12 starts a five day emotional roller coaster for me.  Today is a high -- remembering that special day.  We were so full of love and the promise of new life.  We were expecting a baby in May.  All was right with our world.  It is good to remember that feeling.

Today we took advantage of Mom being here by driving over to Kittery to pick up Mexican for dinner, just the two of us.  We had a car ride to talk, grown up conversation, or just to sing with the radio.  It made me think that we might need to schedule a date afternoon every once in a while.  Apparently other couples manage to do that type of thing.  May be we won't wait a year before we take an hour to ourselves again.

No comments:

Post a Comment