For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Catching a glimpse

While Mom was cooking dinner and Selim played soccer outside with Jacob, I sat down at Robert's computer and looked through his pictures from this summer.  What a treat!  I got to catch a glimpse into Selim's summer -- from his first swimming lessons to full on leaping into the lake; Squam Lakes Science Center and the Montshire Museum; canoeing, having fun with family and his first day of school.  All days that I missed, but due to Heather and Robert's diligent photography, I got to enjoy today. 

Here are some of my favorites:







This afternoon I went to the outlet mall to find some pants for Selim.  He has become finicky in his pants requirement.  He doesn't like his pants too long nor too wide.  He doesn't want to wear his painter pant jeans anymore, as the legs are too "chubby."  He prefers "skinny" jeans.  Who knew boys were so particular about clothing?  But I'm learning that I'm not the only parent of an elementary school boy who is dealing with a strong willed, fashion minded lad.  So I capitulated and bought two more skinny-legged pants.  I'll keep the cargo style for winter, when wearing layers becomes more important than aesthetics.  School pictures are taken this week, so I bought a nice sweater and a long-sleeved polo shirt.  Either one will should look nice.

Tonight is the USC - Notre Dame football game.  They are playing in South Bend -- the first night game in 21 years.  This game always reminds me of my advisor at MHC.  She was a Notre Dame fan and during my college years, she had the bragging rights more years than I.  But in the pre-game hype, USC has won eight of the last nine.  Here's to a night of Trojan success!  I'm sure I'll be asleep before the game ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment