For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Birthday

My Dearest Selim,

You are such a big seven years old today.  You have grown from 2 lbs 3 oz and 15" to a strapping 44 lb kid.  I'm so proud of you.  Today you were the Lucky Duck at school -- getting to be the line leader, taker of attendance and all around special guy.  You came racing off the bus wearing a red crown, so happy and full of life. 






I was looking at some photos from you first days.  It is hard to believe that you were really that tiny.  I remember all the tubes, tape, machines, blipping sounds and small hats that surrounded you those first months as if it were just a few weeks ago.  You were our miracle then and we still think of you that way today.











So, to my Turkish warrior boy, may you continue to grow in stature as well as health, wisdom, compassion, humility, strength, perserverance, grace, and good nature.  I love you with all my heart.  I am so lucky that your soul decided to come into my life.  I have been forever changed and enriched by your presence.








Much, much love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment