For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

First snow?

World Series, game 6: and Texas has already scored in the first.  If the Rangers win tonight, they win the series.  I'm rooting for St. Louis for two reasons, the cardinal is Selim's favorite bird and one of their pitchers is from Bedford, NH.  Otherwise, I don't care much who wins; I just like watching the games.

Before Selim got off the bus today I took in my mountain of dry cleaning.  I hadn't taken in my suits and sweaters yet from London.  The dry cleaner that I frequent posts a trivia question on the write on/wipe off board behind the register.  If you guess correctly, they take 15% off your total.  Obviously, you can only guess once, when you drop off.  Today's question was football related: who won the 1st Superbowl.  I guessed correctly, the Green Bay Packers.  The guy standing behind me in line was duly impressed.  And I saved $12.00.  Go me!

I took Selim to work this afternoon for a Halloween party.  We missed the parade because of his school, but we did get to walk around saying hi and picking up candy.  He was very polite, thanking everybody and not fussing too much when somebody told him how much he has grown.  When offered candy, he would reach in and take one or two pieces.  Some people told him that he could take more, and would say, "No thanks; I'm fine."  In years past, he has said the same thing.  It is nice to know that greed hasn't taken a firm hold on him yet.  He could have had so much more candy but he was very content with what he received.  When we got back, he spread out his loot in the library room and counted out 36 items -- including candy, pink vampire teeth, play dough, and a plastic black bat ring.  He was very pleased. 

According to the weatherman, we may get our first snow tonight.  It is raining right now, but the cold front is blowing in from the west and with it, snow.  I talked with Mom tonight and there is already an inch there.  If I didn't have to get up so early, I would try to get up at midnight and see if the switch has taken place.  Just two and a half weeks ago I was swimming in the ocean and now I'm wondering about snow.  Crazy.

Cardinals are up 2-1, top of the second.  I don't think I will be able to stay awake for the end.  Early bed time is the story of my life.  I don't have the owl genes in me.  Cinderella got busted at midnight.  For me, pumpkin time comes at 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment