For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall foliage

On my run this morning, I noticed the leaves on the trees in the cemetery.  I have been remiss in not capturing the beautiful fall colors this year.  Before I went out shopping, I went back to take some pictures.  There was something about the lifting fog, deep colors and headstones that made it easy to take 70 photos in under a half hour.  Thank goodness I'm not working with film.

I really liked how the trees were not all one color.  There were red leaves in the forefront and green closer to the trunk.






And some trees had both yellow and orange.






The green lichen stood out on the upper tree branches.




I think the pathway shots were some of my best.





And then there were the flowers at either side of one marker that I couldn't stop walking around and around to try and get the shot that would capture my mood or why I thought they were so beautiful.







There were leaves on the ground that shouted out to me as well.





On the garden front, we have carrots!  It has been a few years since we have been successful with them.  I think the first garden we planted we were able to grow them.  But in the following years, we've had bad luck, or soil, or something.  But not this year!




And in even more exciting news, they are paving our road this afternoon!  Boo-yah!  I'm so ready for this, I can hardly explain.  Nedim installed lights on the posts, so I won't be driving home in the dark now.  Woot!




Now I have to get cleaning the house or I will be too embarrassed when Dad and Valerie get here on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment