For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Friday, November 2, 2012

4 Miles

I ran a four mile loop, mostly along the ocean road today.  I parked at Wallis Sands; took a right out of the parking lot and then a quick left onto Brackett Rd.  I passed mash area and pretty houses until I reached the intersection of Route 1A.  I took a right on 1A and ran past the Seacoast Science Center and continued on until I got back to the state beach and my car.  I was tired at the end.  However, I felt victorious with my time of 48.45.  I was trying for sub 50.00.



It was the second time I've run that distance and I beat my previous time by 1 minute and 13 seconds.  The flat course had something to do with the lower time, I'm sure.  My plan is to take my longer runs on Friday mornings at the beach.  I've mapped out the loop that I ran today, plus adding more out and back mileage if I kept going past Wallis Sands and then turned around, retracing my steps.  I loved smelling the salt water smell and feeling the breeze off the water.  It was a beautiful way to spend an hour, early in the morning.

I took a set of hand weights and my beach towel to the beach.  I did some arm exercises with the weights and stretched.  There were two people walking back and forth along the water's edge in between the two jetties.  The beach was covered with seaweed.  I had to put my towel down on damp sand because I couldn't find a clear enough space on up on the dry section.  The sun was trying to poke out, but not with much success.




When I got home, it was sweet to be able to pull into a driveway that is paved!  I'm going to enjoy the smooth surface even more this winter when I'm shovelling because there won't be the ridge bisecting the driveway that prevented me from being able to make one easy pass the whole way across.  I think we will want to seal it, so that little tar pebbles don't come loose and turn into big divots.  But other than that, it is great.



And, if I may say so, I really like my ankles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment