For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween take 2

Hurricane Sandy postponed Selim's school Halloween parade and classroom party from Tuesday until Friday.  I took an hour off of work on Friday so that I could help Selim get in costume and watch the parade.  There is a really sweet vibe in his classroom.  Earlier in the day they had made craft projects.  I loved the bat covered juice box.  I was able to assist him fastening up the back of his Iron Man costume before going out on the parade route.  I'm so glad I made the time to go to school.  I think my presence made a difference to him.





Today has been a lazy day.  I didn't get out of bed to stay up, until 11:30.  Selim asked for hot cider at 6:45, breakfast at 8:00 and some other thing around 10:00.  I would get up, do the task and then go back to bed.  We didn't go to karate...nothing.  None of us are feeling very well.  Nobody had the energy for much.

After I finally got up for real, I made lunch and puttered.  Then I took a nap on the day bed.  Around 2:00 Selim and I went outside.  He biked and I walked.  We hooked up with the neighbor boys and went to the little park on Applevale.  When we got back home, it was countdown to trick or treating.

We've seen a lot of kids tonight which is a good thing because I had beaucoup candy.  I like seeing the little kids come up to the door wearing cute costumes.  The teenagers who act like wearing their high school letter jacket is being in costume, I'm not a big fan.  But if they eat my candy instead of me, it is a good thing.





In the sports news world, after deciding initially to hold the marathon on Sunday, the organizers reversed course yesterday afternoon.  Sports has been used as a uniting event in the past and the basketball and football games are happening this weekend in and around NYC.  So I'm not sure where I come down on this issue.  I defer to all those that are still suffering and felt like the race would take away from the assistance they need with police and first responders.

In football, Notre Dame has come from a 20-6 deficit to tie with Pittsburgh and they are just starting overtime.  As a USC fan, it is against my nature to root for the Irish, on principal.  But the game has been exciting.  In a few minutes I will turn on USC and Oregon.  Go Trojans!

No comments:

Post a Comment