For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Starting a plan

I have this crazy idea that I would like to run a 1/2 marathon.  It seems silly to have that thought when I've never run more than 4 miles at a time.  I've run/walked 5, but that is less than 1/2 of a 1/2 marathon.  So I went out and bought running books this week.  I typed up an eight week training schedule so that I could change Day 1 from Monday to Saturday.  This eight week program gets me to a 10k run.  If I succeed at this, I can move on to the next 12 week 1/2 marathon plan.



Taking long runs on a Sunday is not practical.  That is my home and chore day.  Plus I see so little of Selim during the week, that I don't want to disappear for a few hours during our together time if I didn't have to.  I chose Friday as the day for longer runs.  It is the end of the work week and I can recover over the weekend.  I'm on day 2 of the plan.  I warmed up, stretched and ran my 2.5 miles this morning before breakfast.

Later on in the day, Selim and I went to the playground in Somersworth.  We hadn't been there in a long time.  We brought our tennis rackets, expecting to be able to hit the ball back and forth to each other, only to find out that they have ripped out the courts.  Luckily there were two boys who were eager for another playmate.  The three of them played for over an hour, first with the tennis rackets and then on the playground structure.



This posting is really an excuse to post pictures from the playground for the family to see.  I don't know what it is about the playground, but I've taken some good pictures over the years at various parks and play areas.









Friday he gets a haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment