For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kale!

Selim and I planted kale this afternoon.  I had picked up a 6-pack of kale starters at the great little nursery along Route 4 yesterday.  Since I bought seeds this winter, I only planted three of the six and gave Mom the other 3 when we rendezvoused in Epsom / Chichester today.  Last year I had the six plants from the same nursery and six that I had started from seed and that was way more than my family needed.



Despite the cool temperatures and the drizzle today, the flowers are happy.  The cherry is blooming.




My mother's day flowering quince is just about to burst.





And my all yellow daffodils will open in the next day or so.



Tomorrow may be our first day that is both sunny and over 70.  Nedim may have to take the lawn mower out from under the winter tarps this weekend.  Won't he be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment