For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Champlain Islands

Again no overtime this afternoon so I had an hour and a half of daylight when I got out of work. I took Exit 17 off of I-89 that I skipped yesterday.  I went in the direction of the Ferry and Islands sign and it did not steer me wrong.  I was 1/2 way across a bridge when I noticed that there were wide parking spaces on the other side of the road. Traffic was light, and I crossed over and pulled into a space.  I might have seen more, had I kept going and gotten on to one of the islands, but I figured the vast snowscape wouldn't be that different once I crossed the bridge.

I like open space.  Even though the lake is covered with snow, it still seems expansive to me.  Because I love my digital camera, I took 17 pictures of basically three view: the left side of the bridge, the right side, and then the vantage point down the road after I turned around.  I won't post all 17 'cause that is silly.  But is sure is fun not to have to self-censor when I take pictures. I'm not going to print them all anyway.  What does a few extra digital images cost me except hard drive space on my laptop.









I didn't stay for the full sunset because I wanted to get to Tiny Thai in Winooski for dinner.  That was a good recommendation by my co-workers.  They had tofu satay with peanut sauce on the menu.  So good!



And I have enough extra noodles and tofu so that I can eat left overs tomorrow.  Having extra food is a good thing, as we are expecting snow tomorrow evening.  As long as the roads are clear Friday and I can head home, another few inches isn't going to make much of a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment