For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Potential to feel -35

The weather people are warning us of a deep freeze tonight.  At the same time, they seem to be excited to tell the viewers that the temperature will be below zero, and with the wind chill, it could feel as low as 35 below.  Fahrenheit.  Oh joy.  I guess any abnormal weather event is cause for glee in that business.  I'm not a big fan of arctic blasts.  Speaking of the weather, I am going home tomorrow and can anticipate yet another blizzard to hit the seacoast on Saturday night.  I can't seem to get away from weather issues.

I drove back to the hotel this afternoon, in the snow.  I got off the highway at Exit 17 again.  Instead of going west towards the lake, I went east on Route 2 and came at the hotel from the opposite direction as usual.  I had seen farms with big, beautiful, red barns off in the distance as I went up the highway and I decided to see if any were on this smaller road.  I passed a couple.  One was red.





And one was white.




They weren't as imposing as the ones that I have seen at a distance, but I was happy to have taken a few pictures today.

This work schedule is a bit hard to get used to.  I'm used to working 5:30-2:00.  If I leave the office on time, I am walking out the door with most of my afternoon and whole evening before me.  I have an hour or so before I get my Lovey Lamb at the bus.  There is time to do stuff.  Here, I am working 7:30-4:00.  There is just over an hour of daylight left at the end of my shift.  By the time I get back to the hotel, it feels like it is time to get ready for bed.  There isn't time in the morning before work to feel like I have a morning, and there isn't much time after work to feel any separation before going back in the next day.  I'm so glad that this isn't my normal routine.  For these weeks that I'm not cooking and having family responsibilities I don't mind.  But to have this on a daily basis would be really hard to adapt to after having the flexibility of the other schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment