For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sunset over Lake Champlain

We saw the sun today!  It hadn't appeared when I went to lunch.  And what a great lunch!  I ate at the near by Chinese place.



I ordered cold sesame noodles that had the perfect amount of peanut sauce.  The sauce itself was great -- not too thick and not too runny.  It was just right.



Paired up with the noodles, I chose more carbs in the form of scallion pancakes.  I could eat there every day and order the same thing.  You might have to roll me home by the end of the week, but my taste buds would be satisfied.



My fortune was pretty cool.  This week apart from my family feels like it fits.



I wasn't needed for overtime coverage after work so I scooted out of the building while the sun shone.  I have had this desire to photograph the frozen Lake Champlain.  I debated getting off I-89 at exit 17, there is a sign for the islands and ferry.  I opted not to because I didn't know if there would be parking spaces.  And I really wanted to get out of the car to take pictures.  I continued on to exit 15 and took Route 2 south towards Burlington.  The roads are narrow and there are few directional signs.  Good thing I have a map app on my phone, otherwise I'm not sure I would have made it down to the water.

I found parking and got to the edge of the lake just in time to watch the sun go down over the frozen, snow covered, water.  It was beautiful and I wasn't the only one with freezing fingers snapping away at the vista.








With my desire fulfilled, I got back in the car and headed back to the hotel.



Route 2 took me past UVM. There are some beautiful buildings on campus.  Too bad it is supposed to be below zero the next few nights...I don't think I will be out building gazing in that extreme cold.  That is a bit much, even for me.  When I got back to the room, I found Mama Moose in an odd position at the end of the bed.  Usually, housekeeping puts her back on the pillows.  I'm not sure what happened today.  She is my travelling companion.  The first trip that took me away from home, my Lovey Lamb handed me Mama Moose and told me I wouldn't be so lonely if I had a friend with me.  Now if I am going somewhere, she tags along in my suitcase.





No comments:

Post a Comment