For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crafty Sunday

I stole a little bit of time today to work on my quilt.  I sewed the remaining nine quilt squares that I had arranged back near Thanksgiving.




 Then I placed all of the completed squares on the bed.  Depending if I make the quilt seven by ten or eight by ten, I have 4 or 12 more to go.  I arranged fifteen more.  That way I have some extra to play with when it comes to the final arranging.  I bought the border fabric online from a quilt shop in Utah.  But I haven't decided what the thin strips in between the blocks will be.




The other major craft project happening in the house is the Valentine's Day card assembly for Selim's class.  He has nineteen classmates, a teacher's aide and his teacher.  We went to Michael's yesterday to get blank cards, envelopes, felt hearts with sticky backs, plastic gems, and stickers.  We have two weeks to complete this project.  So far, he has made eight cards and attached Valentine's themed pencils to each.  This morning at 0-dark hundred, I was on the couch watching the epic Australian Open tennis final between Novak Djokavic and Rafa Nadal when Selim pads out to the living room and asks me if we could "get working" on his cards.  I told him he needed to wait until 7:00am before I would be ready to start.




I'm happy to be starting a new week tomorrow.  Last week was really stressful.  The job interview went pretty well. Most of the situational questions I handled with relative ease.  The questions that were department specific I stumbled on a bit.  So I was happy to get the interview and have the practice.  Going forward that experience will help me with the next that I apply for.  I should know by the end of the week if I made the top round that get a second interview. 

I spent a few hours outside all bundled up while Selim kicked a ball, played in the little snow that is left, and stomped in the puddles.  Of course he is so hot he is not wearing a jacket.  Instead he is putting snow on his head to cool down while I am wrapped in blankets.  It is fun to watch him run around and amuse himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment