For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hermit Lake

I wanted to post a few pictures from Hermit Lake so that I don't forget about them.  For some reason, I found the lake really beautiful.  And of course, there were nature sightings to capture.

For example, the frozen mist in the trees




or the lichen growths on the stunted trees growing in the bog patches




or the animal tracks






and the ducks coming in on their bumpsters/tail feathers and then getting up on their webbed feet




or the beaver dam


or how the light shimmered on the ice, looking much like it does on water




and what happens to trees that are bent over and then frozen into the lake and then get free




Winter wonderland.  As much as I like the ice, I'm still hoping that we will get some snow this winter.  To have green grass in January is just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment