For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Non related items

I heard good news this morning.  Around 8:00 I got an email letting me know that I had met the qualifications for the GS-12/13 position that I had applied for and that my application was being forwarded.  I think that means that I made the certificate.  I'm not sure if management has to interview all the people who are deemed qualified by HR or not...but at least I made the first cut.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I scored high enough to make the interview list.

Not related, I bought hair coloring at Target the other day.  Selim was not happy about it.  He said that it was not OK with him if I color my hair.  I bought the kind that rinses out in a month.  I'm not sure that I'm ready for a permanent color.  But I am certain that I am sick of seeing all this gray around my face.  Since I'm growing my hair out, the gray pieces are now longer and more pronounced.  The box is sitting on the shelf by the sink, staring back at me when I brush my teeth.

I skipped karate tonight.  My cold is back and I feel like I'm blowing my nose every three minutes.  I couldn't face that big class and having a runny nose the whole time.  If I feel better tomorrow, I think I would like to go that beginner class again.  I really enjoyed the smaller class size.

And finally, Selim is in his room puttering around.  He found a bag of pins on he put them on his lanyard. He moved the fire station from the living room under his bed.  I'm loving his attention to detail and the thought and care he is taking with his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment