For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Blueberries!

Selim and I picked 8 pounds of blueberries this morning.  He picked 3+ and I had 4+ in my bucket.  All the way to the farm, he kept insisting that he had never been there before.  So ridiculous...we've been picking berries, enjoying their small animal petting barn, playing in their giant sandbox, buying plants and produce, for at least 5 years.  As we were pulling in, he yells, "Oh that Emery Farm!"  Hello!




I was a bit bummed because their web site said that today would be the first day of pick your own berries.  When I called to confirm, I was told that they had been picking for weeks.  I like going in the first week because then you can go to three of found bushes and fill your bucket.  Today many of the berries were smaller and it took longer to get what we wanted.  But, mission accomplished.  Now I have to wash and freeze them. 







When we got back, we cooled down with a fruit salad -- plum, peach, watermelon, cantelope, raspberries, and blueberries.



I dropped and broke my zoom lens a few weeks ago.  Luckily, they let me swap it out for a new one at Best Buy.  They didn't have mine in stock, so I had to wait for it to come in.  Now that I have it, I am enjoying taking pictures in the garden.






Sometimes I remember that there are build in filters.  I had fun with those this morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment