For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tired

I'm tired today.  Just tired.  Not as tired as the guys who just finished the 200 meter butterfly finals, but still, tired.  As an aside, Ian Thorpe is doing commentary for the BBC and he has really interesting outfits.  Not that they aren't stylish -- but so many intersting pieces together gets a bit much.  He is one of the first swimmers that I remember watching and now I think I have dated myself sufficiently.  Moving right along...

I didn't bring my camera today since it was raining when I started out.  But on the way home, I walked behind four people completely decked out in the Russian Olympic gear.  Either they were athletes or the biggest groupie wanna-be athletes with money to burn on clothing, that one could ever meet.  Not that I would have taken their picture, but I really wanted a photo of their shoes.  They were wearing sneakers that had Russian printed along the side.  Some day, not today, I will write a posting on feet and shoes.  I'm collecting photos.

I came back to the hotel room and took a nap.  And by looking at the gymnatstic headline, I slept through a USA triumph.  Figures.  As much as I am enjoying the non-USA TV perspective, during the Games my patriotic zeal emerges and I like watching winning performances by my compatriots. 

So there isn't much to write about today.  I didn't do a big walk.  I napped instead.  I walked one block to sit at the Lebanese place for dinner.  I got a small pot of mint tea to finish off the meal.  They serve it in tea cups that are like the Turkish ones, only is cut cystal.  Fancy.  Again, I didn't bring my camera so no photo.  I'll have to go back just to document the cute glasses.

It feels weird not to attach any photos, so here are a few from Sunday in Regent's Park.




I don't think the spell check is working because it hasn't returned any mistakes.  I'll have to go back and try to re-run that tomorrow.  If anybody else is reading this today, apologies in advance for my typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment