For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, June 27, 2011

#44

I ate out tonight in honor of my 44th birthday.  I shouldn't have, as the Mexican was really bad. Oh well.  At least the chips and salsa that come before the meal tasted fresh.  I should have guessed when my meal came about 2 minutes after placing my order that something was awry.  The cheese in the cheese enchilada was congealed and thick.  Yucky.  I will not be going back.

In better news, I passed my test today.  I got one question wrong.  Had I not gone back and reviewed my answers, I would have gotten that one correct.  I changed it upon further review.  But, I would have gotten another one wrong because I had read the question incorrectly.  Either way, I would have scored the same.  I'm happy to have that one under my belt. 

Tomorrow I head over to one of the State Department buildings, not Main State, but another place.  Since I made my dry run over the weekend, the only thing that is uncertain is how long the metro ride will be during the rush hour.  I don't usually take the metro in the morning.  I'm in the habit of walking to the FSI shuttle 12 blocks away.  I haven't decided what to wear yet.  I don't think I need to put on the suit, but I probably will pull out the heals from the closet.

In sporting news, both William sisters are out at Wimbledon.  They haven't played in months, so it isn't a huge surprise that they would lose in the second week.  And Boston won last night preventing a sweep by the Pirates.  I think they are a 1/2 game behind the Yankees.  Before I leave, I want to go to a Washington Nationals game.  I think the cheap tickets are only $5.  The metro ride will be more expensive than the game.  Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the test!!!
    and Happy Birthday!!!!
    I'm glad you're coming home for the 4th. I bet that will feel good.
    Thinking of you often, Amy

    ReplyDelete