For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Can it get any hotter?

Last night the shy put on an electrical show for the ages.  At first I thought it was the reflection from the TV or the lights from the airport.   But no.  Heat lightening galore.  I turned off the lights and the TV, sat on the window ledge and watched the sky light up -- sometimes in streaks and other times in bursts.  Being on the 10th floor made me a bit nervous, but the view was spectacular.

Unfortunately, we didn't get any rain or relief from the humidity.  The temperature was 80 at 6:45am and 94 at 6:15pm when I walked past the sign at the metro.  The heat index put it at 101.  I feel silly complaining when our troops in Iraq have the heat plus uniform and body armor to wear.  What is a little 94 compared to what they are facing.  I still would prefer 80 with a slight breeze and the dew point in the low 50s.

On a different note, I got a thrill today.  I got to pick this up:


I applied a few weeks ago and it came back today.  I have a little bit of nerve tingly feeling knowing that it has my photo and bio data on the inside.  Who would have thought I would ever have one of these? 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, you diplomatic type!

    Park and errands today, considering Santa Ana Zoo for tomorrow. Half the price and ten minutes closer than the LA Zoo. Plus, "Carmaggedon" approaching when they close the 405 for ten miles through the Sepulveda Pass this weekend.

    xxoo
    H

    ReplyDelete