For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Delhi?

This morning I went over to one of the State buildings and started the medical clearance process.  Afterwards, I went upstairs to see the overseas TDY coordinator.  He said his gut reaction is that he will send me to New Delhi.  The Embassy has great management, the visa load is not too backlogged and I would get to see the full spectrum of work.  The other possibility is London. Going to England is less likely, but the decision isn't final yet.  He thinks my assignment should be finalized next week.

Tomorrow is a light day.  We don't have any lectures as the day is set aside for us to have consultations with people at State who work on issues related to our posts.  Since I haven't known where I am going, and I will be on a temporary assignment, I didn't need to make any appointments.  I have to go back over to the Medical building to finish my clearance exam in the afternoon.  I asked one of the nurses this morning if it was OK to wear shorts into the building.  Since I am not going to FSI, and it is going to be over 100, I am not too interested in dressing up.  She said that I could wear as little as I wanted.  I"m not going to wear a halter top and flip-flops, but it is nice to know that I can wear modest shorts and a nice t-shirt.

I wonder what the temperature is in New Delhi in August?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... according to weather.com, avg daily high for August is 92 degrees, low 79. It's also the highest precipitation month, with 9.3 inches. So... light clothes plus umbrella!
    xxoo
    H

    ReplyDelete