For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

London Calling

The email was sent Tuesday after I had left FSI telling me "London it is."  And since I took yesterday off, I didn't get the message until I logged on to my work computer today at 5:30am.  I was a good girl and didn't call home right away and wake everybody up.  I waited until my regular 7:30am check in time to give the good news.

I'm not sure what day I will be leaving.  If the program office can get my travel arrangements made, I anticipate leaving Saturday, August 13.  If not, I assume I will leave the following week.  We haven't checked ticket prices yet, but I anticipate the guys coming with me or joining me for 10 days or so.  It is important that they return in time for Selim to meet his new teacher and attend the first day of school on August 31.

That's the big news. The fun news is that our cucumber plants are producing.  We have 6 beauties on the kitchen counter as I type.  The lettuce bolted while I was away.  But the tomatoes are coming on and I think some of the chard is salvageable.  I need to get out there and weed over the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment