For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Monday, August 1, 2011

This time tomorrow...

I will be on an airplane heading home.  Woo-hoo!  I'm mostly packed.  I have my outfit for tomorrow draped over a chair, but I have yet to toss the food from the fridge.  And I just saw my rain slicker hanging on a hook behind the door.  I don't want to forget that.

I passed my last exam today with the same score I had received on the other three tests, a 96%.  The competitive side of me really wanted to get a 100% today after our instructor said that many people find this exam the easiest.  Oh well.  The afternoon computer system class and our policy review session were hard to sit through.  We are all feeling like, get on with it already and let us go.  Difficult to sit still and pay attention.  Just one more day...

I have a feeling that I won't know where I am going until after I leave.  I'm trying not to get too irritated.  I was asked to figure out when I could go and run it by my home agency.  I did that after the July 4th weekend.  May be they were just waiting for me to really pass this course before they lined up my assignment.  Who knows.  I just had different expectations and my hopes were high that I would know my next step and how to plan with the family for the coming weeks and few months.  The lack of information is what is so difficult.

So, here is to 31 days of training and the weekends of sight seeing in between.  I made it.  My guys survived with the help of family and friends.  This has been a group effort to get me to tomorrow's graduation day.  I am so grateful for all the love and support showered upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment