For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1st day of school

I thought about Selim all day.  At lunch I looked at my watch and realized that he was a half hour away from getting on the school bus for the first time.  I walked home after work and knew that I could stop in to the local market to pick up the peanut butter that I forgot yesterday because it would still be too early for his call.  He gets out of school in 15 minutes.  I'm not sure what time the bus will drop him off.  Heather took pictures this morning and posted them on Facebook so I could see what he was wearing and how happy he looked.  I'm so grateful for all the technology advances that makes me feel closer to home.

My body was stressed today for some reason.  I woke up with a huge nose bleed, got a monster headache around 10:00, my ear started spasming at lunch and I got another nose bleed when I was cooking dinner.  I don't know what the message from this is supposed to be, but I'm trying to pay attention.  My headache and ear pain has subsided now, so I think I will be able to get a good night sleep.  I'm already in my PJ's and it isn't even 8:00.  The mug of decaf Earl Grey is cooling and I'm winding down.

And I think that is about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment