For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Not much new

Not much new today for me.  I had another full day on the NIV line.  It rained all morning, so I didn't go out to eat.  Instead  I went down into the cafeteria and ate lunch with three other ladies.  I am appreciating the friendliness of my colleagues.   In the afternoon slow period, I worked on getting together some information about my regular job.  I've been asked to give a talk on what it is like to work at a domestic agency.  I'm flattered that they asked.  I don't think I could have had a better first assignment out of training.

Nedim and Selim had a big day.  They hit up both the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum.  According to Selim, he saw the Apollo 10 space module, astronaut suit, a silver plane that Amelia Earhart flew across the Atlantic, and a butterfly computer thing where you can build a butterfly and it is projected onto a big screen so everybody can see.  There is a debate between the guys as to whether or not they saw a dinosaur skeleton or not at the Natural History Museum.  They definitely saw a room full of busts and statues.  By that time, Selim was ready to get out of there.  He must have sounded just like me.  They also went to a magic shop and were entertained by a magician.

The downfall of a schedule where I work until 5:30 is that by the time I get home and we eat, it is time for shower and bed.  There isn't time for much else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment