For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

10 days and counting

I'm getting down to "last things."  Tonight I'm doing my last load of white laundry.  In the next few days it will be my last stop in at the Indian restaurant for glucose biscuits and my last trip to Fortnum & Mason for tea.  I think I have to make a decision between the British Museum and the Tate.  This Friday I can make it to one after work since they are both have late hours.  If I go to Bath this weekend, then I won't make the regular hours for the other museum.  I'm down to making hard choices of how I will spend the next 10 days.

After I left work today I went into the Grosvenor Square Park.  At lunch, I often sit on a park bench by the FDR statue.  Previously, I had not walked to the farthest side, across from the Embassy.  I did tonight and found a beautiful memorial garden in memory of the British citizens who died on 9/11.  It is a peaceful, tasteful and serene site.  I'm glad I stumbled upon it.






I walked home a different way today, just one street west of Gloucester.  The buses don't travel that street, so I haven't either.  But I saw some fun things: the John Lennon lived here sign, a sweet flower shop where I thought of my sister, and an Arab market that must have had ten different kinds of white cheese just between the feta and halloumi (no photo unfortunately). Quite impressive.





No comments:

Post a Comment