For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Final count down

I woke up this morning and noticed pretty pink clouds in the sky.



The last day of work went well.  It was sad to say goodbye.  But I'm sure I will work again with some of them.  The life of a Foreign Service Officer is not static, so there is a chance that we will work together in some other location.  I hope so anyway.  I took one last photo of the Eisenhower statue as I left the area.



I took a last longish walk tonight.  First I rode the tube from Bond Street to Holborn.  From there I walked down to Covent Garden.  I had seen a dress over the weekend in a shop on Kings Road but I was too tired to try it on then.  There is the same shop in Covent Garden and since that is closer, I went there.  They had the dress. I tried it on and it didn't fit.  Now I don't have to wonder about that anymore.

Since I was down in an area that doesn't have great bus coverage and the tube was packed and hot, I decided to walk for a bit.  I was on the street that starts out as Long Acre, then changes name to Cranbourn Street, changes again to Coventry Street and finally gets called Piccadilly.  Along that street I passed Leicester Square, the entrance to Chinatown, and the Eros statue in Piccadilly Circus. 





By that time, I was close enough to Fortnum and Mason that I decided to go in one last time.  I believe I have bought enough tea to start my own revolution.  That's why I need an extra suitcase -- for the tea and shortbread cookies that have become my vice.  Upon completing my shopping, I walked back to Regent Street where I hopped on bus #453 which took me to Baker Street.  Regent Street at night is really pretty.  I like the lights.




No comments:

Post a Comment