For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Winding down

I continued packing when I got back to the flat tonight.  I had stopped at the Embassy post office during the day and picked up a couple of boxes.  Apparently we get to ship things regular mail, rather than having to pay an international rate...at least that is what it looks like.  So instead of buying a new suitcase, I decided to ship a few boxes.  If it turns out that I was wrong and I have to pay the international rate, then I will go to plan B.

This week is flying by.  I have two more days of work; that's it.  In some ways, it is hard to believe that I have been here six weeks already.  I'm still learning new things every day and the work has never gotten old.  Professionally, I could stay longer and continue to learn.  I have had the great fortune of working in a supportive, welcoming, professional, caring, dynamic,  environment.  I will be sad to say goodbye to the people in the Consular section.   But personally, in terms of my regular life, get me out of here.  I miss my guys and the scale has tipped so that our personal sacrifice is not worth any professional gain at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment