For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Family time

I've had a sweet couple of days with the family.  Sunday morning, all three of us went out to breakfast.  In the afternoon, Selim and I went apple picking at Butternut Farm.  Mostly we picked gala and honey crisp, although I think a few macs got tossed in the bags.  We picked about 18 pounds in under an hour.  And that time includes hiking up to the trees.






The past two mornings, I have enjoyed the waiting for the school bus ritual.  Since I missed the first day of school, I brought my camera to document my first day at the bus stop.  I asked Selim this morning if I should bring my camera again, and he said yes.  So I have beautiful pictures from two mornings.








I've taken it pretty easy these past few days.  Three of the four bags are unpacked.  I did a mega grocery shop.  And today I went to the beach.  This was my first beach visit of the summer.  There weren't too many people there, even though it was gorgeous -- sunny and in the mid-70s.  I had planned on relaxing and reading, but I forgot my book at home.  Instead, I used my camera.  There were these tiny birds, hunting and pecking in the piles of seaweed.  It took me a few minutes to realize that they were there.  Can you say camouflage.








Tomorrow I go back to work, back to my regular job.  The days in between FSI and London, I went into work, but mainly focused my actions on getting ready to leave.   So going in and only focusing on regular adjudication will be a change.  In practical terms, I can't forget to set my alarm for 4:20.  Rise and shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment