For years I kept journals -- in composition, spiral bound, and French graph paper books. This blog is an attempt to get back to writing and documenting the world around me using photos, newspaper headlines, and other articles.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Not much new

Regular day today, not much new.  I stopped by the Baker Street tube station on my way to work to put more money on my oyster/transportation card.  I didn't need to; I still had 8 pounds 30 pence on it.  I have no idea why I couldn't get on a bus yesterday.  Oh well.  Builds character.

I ate lunch at my favorite cafe today.  It wasn't raining, but it was windy and I wanted the a cup of tea and the table to aide my postcard writing.  About two minutes after I placed my order, the construction crew across the street started up the jackhammer.  There was a man at a table in front of mine who was trying to make a phone call.  He went inside to hear better, but came out a minute later, aggravated.  He turned to me and said that the music inside the cafe was so loud that he couldn't make his call there either.  I stayed and ate my sandwich anyway, even though the construction noise was very jarring.

It is chore night tonight.  I picked up some groceries on the way home.  I ate lentil soup for breakfast as I was out of milk and yogurt.  And now the laundry is going.  Not too exciting.

I did want to include some other pictures from Monday that didn't make it into my narrative.  The line up of motorcycles was on the side street to the West of Harrods.  They are so tightly packed, with just a few inches separating each bike.  The other buildings are on Walton Street.  All the window boxes, balcony decorations and entry ways are so symmetrical.  I love the doorway with the orange trees.  Highly impractical to replicate at my house, but I wish I could!





No comments:

Post a Comment